Saturday, July 7, 2007

Knitted knitting needles


Knitted knitting needles, originally uploaded by Ladymama.

I think this was a completely original idea. I thought of it on my own and executed it. Someone else probably thought of it first, but I didn't know about it. I made these for Ivy and her own knitting bag, which contains discarded yarns from my stash that I hated (red chenille- ick!). So I used some Sugar-n-Cream yarn, and started an i-cord, decreased by half after a few rows, and then continued in i-cord until I thought they looked long enough. I stuffed them with pipe cleaners (or whatever the ones are called that are just for crafts), folded down the tops, and closed them up. Of course, they're bendable, but totally baby-safe!

1 comment:

Laura said...

OK, I just popped in from Bella Knitting (work with Sarah) and had to post a comment. No way should such a clever idea go without comments!! I think the idea to put pipe cleaners is really great and I can have other uses... purse ties or something. Not sure what yet but I am sure someone will think of something!