Saturday, July 7, 2007

Scout's Gift


Scout's Gift, originally uploaded by Ladymama.

I am so, so proud of how this turned out. I knit it for Allie's baby Scout, due in a few weeks. The pattern is from Erika Knight's Simple Knits for Cherished Babies, garter stitch wrap top. I adapted the pattern to use Mondial Cotton Soft yarn and size 3 needles instead of the recommended yarn on size 2s. (Thank you Lucy for teaching me ratios and maths). I ended up needing a second skein of yarn, but I think it's because I experimented with some lace before I started. Using a Nikki Epstein book, I knit the flower and added it with the brown ribbon. I found the pants at Old Navy, and the night before the shower I used the same yarn to embroider a monogrammed onesie. There is another picture of this on flickr.

No comments: