Saturday, May 26, 2007

Newborn curly purly soaker


Newborn curly purly soaker, originally uploaded by Ladymama.

This is knit using Cascade 220 with hand dyed kool aid Fisherman's wool cuffs (strawberry lemonade flavor).
Knit on dpns size 2, 4, and 6. Cuffs in size 2 with a k2togtbl bind off. For a very special baby who is due quite soon. I can't wait to gift this!

I had some problems with the short row placement. I realized after I'd done 2 out of 3 of them that according to the pattern, I had put them on the front side of the soaker instead of the back. The advice from my fellow wool soaker knitters was that the sides were interchangeable, and certainly from the looks of the finished product, there is no clearly designated front or back. Hopefully for a newborn diaper, short rows aren't even necessary. Pre-folds aren't going to be giving her a lot of junk in the trunk.

Just for the record, that curly purly pattern is vaguely worded when it comes to short rows. I did it the way I always do it, but that was backwards for this pattern.

No comments: