Saturday, May 26, 2007

Soaker shorts, first draft

Soaker shorts, first draft, originally uploaded by Ladymama.

Knit with Lamb's Pride fisherman's wool, which I dyed afterwards with orange kool aid, yielding a cheeto effect that I wasn't going for. I used the aubrey doodlepants pattern version 3.0 and just shortened the legs. I used size 5 for the waistband (12 rows) and knit the rest on size 8.

I had pre-measured Ivy for the rise, but she won't be still. I thought she needed about 17.5 or 18 inches. Just to double check, I took the soaker off the needles when I got to that point, put it on her, and decided it needed a few more inches. I believe I knit till the rise was about 20 inches, which is definitely too much, but I guess she can grow into them. They're wearable and will work next summer too.

Another problem I had was that the legs were far too long. I ripped them out and ended up doing two rows of seed stitch. They are still long enough to fold up, but don't look bad unfolded.

No comments: